Friday, June 27, 2008

Play Objects



The picture above is from my thesis work while I was in grad. school in 2004. It is enameled metal, copper and sterling silver. The top picture is closed and the bottom picture is open. I have been creating toys for the last 5 years out of all kinds of materials. I call them toys but they are really play objects. Most have no set requirements and allow the user to incorporate their own imagination. I love to hand someone one of my objects and see what they do.
My own children gravitate towards play objects more than all the battery operated toys. When my son was first crawling he played with a Pringles can. He would roll it and chase after it and drop things inside. A simple object is all they need.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin