Thursday, August 6, 2009

Day One


Today was the day......day one of school! The night before I stayed up late to bake chocolate chip cookies by request. K wanted to give some to his teacher on the first day of school. Last year we were able to walk to school and he picked his teacher a flower on the way. I tell ya....sweet boy! I was so relived that he was excited and eager to go this morning. Unlike last year where we had some separation issues.....me included. So, today we walked in the door and he walked away with a smile...... I walked away and cried. I'm OK. I felt a little empty today but, I had my bugga! I said to her "what will I do next year when you go off to school?" she replied "you get to make your art, silly mommy!" That put it all into perspective....thank you wise four year old, my love.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin