Sunday, January 18, 2009

Shopping List Saturday....Sunday Style



Virginia Rose Kane

Road Side



Paper Cut and Die



This week I have been really amazed by some of the paper cut artists on etsy. The first image is not an etsy artist but had to include her work for the sheer beauty. Her name is Lisa Jones, she attended Sydney College of Fine Arts and is an accomplished artist, showing her works internationally. Although, she utilizes a laser cutter to do her cutting the thought process is the same as if she were cutting paper. Virginia Rose Kane is an artist that was a former botany student, her works are all hand cut. What I find interesting about her work is the way she layers the paper to create another story within her paper cutting. I have included works by Paper Cut and Die, who is from Toronto, and cuts her work using x-Acto blades and scissors. Then, there is Road Side.....all I can say is "Amazing"! Her work is quirky, beautiful and smart. She has a great blog that you should check out too! Then last but not least, there is Elsa Mora who has an etsy store but sadly it is empty right now....I can wait, it will be worth it! Her work is nothing short of "magical". I linked to her blog that has become one of my favorite reads. She actually has two blogs, one for paper cutting and a main blog. She is so talented, showing her work in galleries internationally too. Her paper cutting blog is incredibly informative, linking the reader to other paper cutting artists, tutorials that include videos, books, and supply sources.Plus more images of her work that will blow you away!


All worth checking out! You can find the list of other bloggers who make Saturday lists in the right sidebar of Charlotte's blog. Cheers......



3 comments:

'fancypicnic' said...

These are all fantastic!! Paper cutting never ceases to amaze me - the intricacies of it all...

ps - I'm on the search now to discover that spanish blog..!

jenny elkins said...

Great Stuff! I love Road Side! Going to check out their blogs and shows now. Thanks!

Chocolate and Steel said...

oh, I love them all. I've never seen that chair before. seriously amazing. And Elsa is one of my favorites. I had the pleasure of meeting her last month and she is just lovely!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin