Thursday, January 29, 2009

Wizard of Oz Discovery Tote







This is a tote I made for my daughters 4th birthday. She loves the movies Wizard of Oz so we had a Oz party for her. I ordered the fabric from an online fabric store and stitched the rest. I really had too many ideas for this tote but in the end wanted it to be simple and playable. I included Munchkin land where Dorothy's house landed on the witch, her feet sticking out from underneath of the "house". From there you walk down the yellow brick road to find the grumpy old apples trees where Dorothy and the Scarecrow find the Tin Man. The off to the poppy fields where they fall asleep before getting to Oz.

I searched hi and lo for the McDonald's Happy Meal Wizard of Oz Dolls, which are Madame Alexander. We had a few but I wanted to include the whole set, 12 all together. Finally, found them through Amazon.com from an independent seller, YAY!!! I had found other sets on eBay but, they wanted 100 bucks for the set of twelve Happy Meal toys! The seller I bought them from had the set listed for 34.00, I thought that was great. We got all the toys without having to eat the terrible food! So, of course she loved it and I think it is pretty special too.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin